Last Modified: June 1, 2022
Giants of Africa (“we”, “our”, or “us”, as applicable) is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information of our volunteers, members, donors, customers, users of our website “www.giantsofafrica.org” (the “Website”) and any other stakeholders (“you” or “your”, as applicable). We value the trust of those we deal with, and of the public, and recognize that maintaining this trust requires that we be transparent and accountable in how we treat the information that you choose to share with us.
“Personal Information” means information about an identifiable individual. Personal Information can include an individual’s opinions or beliefs, as well as facts about, or related to, the individual.
Certain types of publicly available Personal Information, such as business contact information, or names, addresses and telephone numbers as published in telephone directories, may not be subject to the same level of protection.
We will honour any specific consents you provide to us. You may withdraw or change your consent at any time by giving us reasonable notice and subject to legal or contractual restrictions. In appropriate cases, we will inform you of any implications of withdrawing your consent. However, we reserve the right to collect, use, and disclose your Personal Information without your knowledge or consent where we are legally required or permitted to do so, for example, when investigating fraud or other contravention of law, or acting in respect of an emergency that threatens you.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 14
Our Website is not intended for children under 14 years of age. No one under age 14 may provide any Personal Information on the Website. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under 14. If you are under 14, do not use this Website, provide any Personal Information to us including your name, address, telephone number, or email address, or make any purchases through the Website. If you are under 14, you need a parent or guardian to consent to your use of our Website and provide Personal Information on it. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 14 without verification of parental consent, we will delete such Personal Information. If you believe we might have any Personal Information from or about a child under 14, please Contact Us.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect your Personal Information such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, billing and account information, donation amounts, and/or your participation in our camps, programs, events, and activities.
We also may collect information regarding your visit to our Website using automatic information collection technologies. Please see the Cookies section below for details.
We will limit the amount and type of Personal Information we collect to that which is necessary for our purposes, which are outlined in the How We Use Your Information section below.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your Personal Information and information about your visit to our Website for the following purposes:
- To present our Website and its contents to you, and to improve the Website from time to time;
- To deliver our camps, programs, events and other activities;
- To provide you with information about our organization;
- To sell and ship merchandise to you, if you choose to purchase any;
- To issue charitable donation receipts to you, if applicable;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any agreements with you;
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To display targeted advertising on our Website, and on the websites of our third-party business partners and to measure or understand the effectiveness of messages we deliver to you; and
- For any other purposes authorized or required by law; and
- For any other purpose with your consent
You may choose to unsubscribe from newsletters and other promotional emails or texts we send to you at any time.
Donors who request that their name and/or the amount of the gift not be publicly released shall remain anonymous. We do not sell, barter or lease donor, sponsor or other fundraising lists.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose or otherwise share your Personal Information and information about your visit to our Website to the following persons or in the following circumstances:
- To any person or entity with your consent;
- To our affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our organization and our Website (such as payment processors and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization);
- To advertisers and advertising networks that require the information to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and others;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law;
- To protect the property, rights, or safety of Giants of America or others;
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provide the Personal Information; and
- To fulfill any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide it.
A cookie is a small file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website in order to remember information about your browsing history or your device when you return to that website. Some cookies are “session cookies” that are deleted at the end of your browsing session while some are “persistent cookies” that remain between sessions until they expire or you delete them. Similar tracking technologies are pixels, web beacons or other technologies that store or access information on your computer or device.
We may collect the following Personal Information about your visit to our Website: your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the general geographic location associated with your IP address (known as IP geolocation), information about your computer or mobile device such as your browser type, the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website, the date, time and duration of your visit, whether you are a first time or returning visitor, content you viewed and searched, recorded images such as forms you populated, and your interests and demographics.
We use third party analytics, including Google Analytics, to create statistics and generate reports about visits to our Website. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes your data, please see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites and apps”.
You may disable cookies in your browser settings and clear your cache of previously installed cookies. However, if you disable cookies, our Website may not function properly and your customized use of our Website may be hindered. In addition to disabling cookies, you may also install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, which prevents Google Analytics from collecting information about your website visits.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING SERVICES
LIMITED RETENTION & DE-IDENTIFIED OR ANONYMIZED DATA
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, we only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes described in How We Use Your Information. Under some circumstances, after the purposes of collection have been fulfilled, we may de-identify or anonymize your Personal Information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such de-identified or anonymized data for any purpose and in accordance with applicable law without further notice to you or your consent.
The security of your Personal Information is very important to us. We use reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Although we attempt to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk.
TRANSFERRING YOUR INFORMATION
We may transfer your Personal Information outside of Canada for storage and processing for the purposes described in How We Use Your Information. We use contractual and other means to ensure the information is protected while in the foreign jurisdiction, however, your Personal Information may be still accessible to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, courts, and national security authorities of the foreign jurisdiction. If you have questions about our policies and practices regarding service providers outside of Canada, please Contact Us.
Note to Quebec Residents: Any information we collect from you or about your online activities, including your Personal Information, may be transferred outside the Province of Quebec.
We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the Personal Information we have is accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used, including Personal Information that is disclosed to third parties, and Personal Information that is used to make a decision about an individual.
ACCESS & UPDATE TO YOUR INFORMATION
You may have a general right to access your Personal Information in our possession or custody. Upon receiving your valid written request, we will inform you of the existence, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information and give you access to your Personal Information. If we are not able to provide a list of the organizations to which we may have actually disclosed your Personal Information, we will provide you with a list of organizations to which we may have disclosed your information. We will respond to your written access request within a reasonable timeframe, which is generally 30 days, or we will provide you with an explanation if additional time is required to fulfill your request.
STATE PRIVACY RIGHTS
Residents of states such as California, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah may have additional privacy rights, such as the right to:
- Verify whether we process their Personal Information;
- Opt-out of the processing or selling of Personal Information under certain circumstances;
- Data portability;
- Access or delete certain Personal Information;
- Correct inaccurate Personal Information;
- Opt out of profiling.
To exercise any of your rights please contact us at email@example.com
To submit a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CHANGES TO POLICY